Located adjacent to Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens in Schererville, Indiana, this $1.8 million project involved the development of a new funeral home to serve the cemetery and the surrounding community. A key component of the planning and design of the funeral home was to provide for proper adjacencies with the necessary circulation to allow for movement of caskets in service corridors without interrupting the public space. Ease of expansion in the future was also a critical component of the project.
The new 18,000-square foot building consists of four main areas:
- The public area, which includes two chapels as well as lounges and family rooms.
- The maintenance/operations area, which includes the prep room, dress room, flower room, and garage.
- The administrative area, which includes the sales, selection and administrative offices.
- The caretakerís apartment.
- Client: Chapel Lawn Memorial Gardens Funeral Home
- Project Size: 18,000 S/F
- Services Performed: Architecture, Interior Design