Milestone AV Technologies (a Duchossois Group portfolio company) and Mekus Tanager are proud to announce that the US Green Building Council has awarded Milestone AV Technologies' Global Headquarters and Design Center LEED-CI Silver certification!
Examples of sustainable design solutions incorporated throughout Milestone AV Technologies' new, innovative Global Headquarters and Design Center include:
- The renovation of an existing building instead of new construction. Additionally, the original building's 62,000 usable square-feet was increased by 20,000 USF (to 82,000 USF) while maintaining the original building footprint.
- A 30% reduction in water usage with the implementation of low flow fixtures.
- 15% reduction in energy consumption from lighting fixtures alone.
- 95% of equipment used is Energy Star rated.
- 15.5% of construction materials were made of recycled content, and 89.5% of construction waste was diverted from the landfill and recycled.
- 95% of the regularly occupied seating spaces have access to natural light and views to the exterior, which includes views of the newly landscaped site and wooded land behind the building.
- Selection of furniture and furnishes with low VOC's and high-recycled content.
- The building's site has nearby walking/jogging paths, and the building provides bicycle storage and shower facilities to encourage alternative ways for employees to commute to work. Additionally, the site is within close proximity to a major interstate and a future light-rail system connection.
- Upgrading the building's HVAC and electrical systems to energy efficient standards.
- The purchasing of green-energy credits.
To find out more information about Milestone AV Technologies' Global Headquarters and Design Center, Click Here